My friend and colleague, Marsha Petrie Sue offers up a hardcore guide for responding instead of reacting in tough times in her new book The Reactor Factor: How to Handle Difficult Work Situations Without Going Nuclear.
Anyone can prevent getting sucked into all the ugliness of the workplace and stop the negative spiral. Here are some of the topics:
- Learn to manage those spoiled brats in the office.
- Know how to dump entitlement attitudes.
- Get a grip on office politics, the grapevine, and dress codes.
- What to do if you’re laid off and need to find a job.
- Quick tips on dumping the anxiety when you give a presentation.
- Use social networks to grow your business.
- Survival tools for the meetings that are time wasters.
- How obesity affects the job.
Obviously, no subject is sacred. And if anything on this list pushes your buttons, even more reason to look into what she has to say.
Marsha blends years of experience teaching these techniques with interviews with key business leaders. In the end, how you respond in times of trouble ultimately makes the difference between success and failure.
Visit http://www.ReactorFactorBook.com where you can connect with Barnes and Noble.com , Borders.com, Books a Million, Amazon.com.
Send confirmation of the book purchase and receive a complimentary download of Toxic People – Decontaminate Difficult People Without Using Weapons or Duct Tape book on tape, The CEO of YOU: Leading Yourself to Success e-book and a PDF containing 25 of Marsha’s most popular articles. Great value! Toxic People is a #1 Barnes & Noble best seller and featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, WorkWise, Reuers, and more!